AFK Corporation © 2011 | AFK & FSA INTERACTIVE
Manufacturer of High Quality Grey and Ductile Iron Castings
Job Title: General Laborer Production Worker - Iron Pourer
Department: Main Foundry
Reports to: Department/Plant Supervisor
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Efficiently perform all tasks involved in the production of company’s products, follow
standard work methods, and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient
and safe as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Pull, lift, transport and direct ladle over molds.
· Pour molten iron into the molds.
· Fill ladle with molten iron from electric tilt furnace.
· Clean and empty ladle.
· Help shifters and shake-out personnel when necessary.
· Clean and organize the pour deck at the end of the shift.
· Remove slag from ladle, add elements and/or chill iron
· Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area and clean work area at the end of each shift
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
· All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Physical environment/working conditions: The position is in the foundry and involves:
· Standing, walking, balancing, reaching.
· Bending, crouching, climbing, standing, stooping, walking, lifting, & feeling for
long periods of time throughout the day.
· Vision (far and near)
· Talking and hearing
· Requiring hand/eye coordination for pouring iron into molds.
· Lifting 20-40 lbs. and carrying 50-80 lbs.
· Push/pull, handle up to 100 lbs.
Environmental working conditions
Employee will be exposed to:
· Extreme Heat
· Humid-high moisture conditions
· Noise levels greater than 90 decibels
· Mild to heavy vibrations
· Molten metal
Equipment and Machinery used:
· Hammers, air tools
· Metatarsal guard kick-off boots, protective leggings, and heat resistant suit.
· Hearing and eye protection including hard hat/face shield.
· Ladle, slag scrapper, and torch
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
· 3-4 years of high school
· Understand and follow directions
· Read, write, add, subtract – to remember count accurately with distractions
· Must be able to work as part of a team.