Manufacturer of High Quality Grey and Ductile Iron Castings
Job Title: General Laborer Production Worker – 2nd Shift Maintenance
Department: Main Foundry
Reports to: Department/Plant Supervisor
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Efficiently and safely perform all tasks involved with the maintenance of company’s
machinery, equipment, vehicles, and facilities. Follow standard work methods and
practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Maintain and or repair machines, tools, patterns, and vehicles
2. Work on special projects assigned by management
3. Report all problems and break downs to management
4. Perform other related duties and assignments as required
5. Improve or repair Company’s fixtures and facilities.
Other required duties:
1. Fill-in for various job positions in the shop as needed
2. All workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
Physical environment/working conditions:
This position is in the foundry and involves:
1. Standing, walking, balancing, crawling, crouching, stooping, climbing, bending,
sitting, reaching & feeling for long periods of time throughout the work shift.
2. Talking and hearing,
3. Vision (far and near)
2. Ability to lift 1-80 lbs., Carry 1-80 lbs., and push, handle up to 70 lbs.
Environmental working conditions
Employee will be exposed to:
1. Contact with water or liquids - Humid-high moisture conditions
2. Noise levels greater than 90 decibels
3. Extreme heat, temperature changes (hot-cold)
1. Machinery, electrical, chemical, burns
2. Fumes, gases, dust
3. Heights above 12 feet
4. Dust, mild to heavy vibrations
Equipment and Machinery Used
1. Hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, measuring devices, etc.
2. Chainsaws, shovels, brooms, other small types of tools, etc.
3. Fork lift, front-end loader
4. Automobile, truck
5. Metatarsal guard kick-off boots
6. Hearing and eye protection
7. Arc welder
Education, prior work experience, specialized skills, and knowledge
1. Understand and follow directions
2. Read, write, and subtract
3. Forklift Driving Skills
4. Mechanical skills: Ability to work on a variety of different equipment pertaining
to foundry production.