AFK Corporation © 2011 | AFK & FSA INTERACTIVE
Manufacturer of High Quality Grey and Ductile Iron Castings
Job Title: General Laborer Production Worker – Night Clean-up
Department: Main Foundry
Reports to: Department/Plant Supervisor
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Efficiently perform all tasks involved in the production of AFK Corp’s products,
follow standard work methods, and practice safe work habits to ensure production
is as efficient and safe as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Operate forklift, hoist, and floor sweeper
2. Clean under mold handlers, blow off machines with air wand & hose
3. Take out garbage/trash
4. Operate foundry vacuum
5. Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
6. Maintain a clean and safe work area and clean work area at the end of shift
7. Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
8. All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production
Other required duties:
1. Assist maintenance when needed
2. Assist with routine maintenance and clean up needs
Physical environment/working conditions:
This position is in the factory and involves:
1. Standing, walking, balancing, crawling, crouching, stooping, climbing, bending,
sitting, reaching & feeling for long periods of time throughout the work shift.
2. Talking and hearing,
3. Vision (far and near)
2. Ability to lift 1-80 lbs., Carry 1-80 lbs.
3. Push, handle up to 70 lbs.
Employee will be exposed to:
1. Humid-high moisture conditions
2. Noise greater than 90 decibels
3. Mild to heavy vibrations
4. Extreme heat, temperature changes (hot-cold)
1. Machinery, electrical, chemical, burns
2. Fumes, gases, dust
3. Height above 12 feet
4. Dust, mild to heavy vibrations
1. Hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers
2. Shovels, brooms, mops
3. Automobile, truck
4. Hearing and eye protection
1. Understand and follow directions
2. Read, write, and subtract