AFK Corporation © 2011 | AFK & FSA INTERACTIVE
Manufacturer of High Quality Grey and Ductile Iron Castings
Job Title: General Laborer Production Worker – Cleaning Room & Grinder
Department: Main Foundry
Reports to: Department/Plant Supervisor
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Efficiently perform all tasks involved in the production of AFK Corp’s products,
follow standard work methods, and practice safe work habits to ensure production
is as efficient and safe as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Use a grinding machine to grind castings
· Load and unload castings into bins.
· Dress the grinding wheel when necessary
· Operate hoist.
· Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area and clean work area at the end of each shift
· Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
· All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Physical environment/working conditions: The position is in the factory and involves:
· Standing, walking, balancing, reaching.
· Bending, crouching, climbing, standing, stooping, walking, lifting, & feeling for
long periods of time throughout the day.
· Vision (far and near)
· Talking and hearing
· Requiring hand/eye coordination
· Lifting 1-80 lbs. and carrying 1-80 lbs.
· Push/pull, handle up to 90 lbs.
Environmental working conditions
Employee will be exposed to:
· Humid-high moisture conditions
· Noise levels greater than 90 decibels
· Mild to heavy vibrations
· Sparks, metal shavings, dust
Equipment and Machinery used:
· Hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, dressing tool
· Power tools – Grinders
· Shovels, brooms
· Metatarsal guard kick-off boots, gloves, and face shield
· Hearing and eye protection
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
· 3-4 years of high school
· Understand and follow directions
· Must be able to work as part of a team.